Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Activating Steam Games.

I bought a few games in the stores before they were available in Steam and now I would like to make it so I use them through Steam. So I go to activate the key but it says invalid... I'm sure I typed it right because I copy/pasted and it still says invalid... Can I not activate a store bought version of a game in Steam? (Games trying to activate: Company of Heroes, Stalker, Far Cry, and Bioshock).Thanks for the help!Activating Steam Games.
Hahahahahahhahahahahaah! SILLY BUNNY! No you can't activate store bought games. But I think you can add them to your list.Activating Steam Games.
It doesn't work like that. Only Valve's games and two or three other older Steam games, can be registered on Steam.
How would I make them show up in my Steam games list without re-buying them?
Holey moley! Sorry for off-topic... But that's Buster in your avy!!
Yes...Yes it is...
There is a menu option, that says something like add non-steam game... Sorry on laptop and Steam is on my desktop.
Ya I've done that before adding a none Steam game like that... Just adds the shortcut.
[QUOTE=''DiabeticDood'']Ya I've done that before adding a none Steam game like that... Just adds the shortcut.[/QUOTE]Unfortunately, I think that's as much as you can do. But I may be wrong so don't take my word for it. BTW, who's this Buster?
That's all it does is add the short-cut... ive done it with a couple of games...
Here it is guys:All retail Valve games and a number of third-party games can be registered to your Steam account. All of the following games can be registered through Steam: Valve CD Keys in this format: ####-#####-####Valve CD Keys in this format: 1AB2C-D3FGH-456I7-JK8LM-NOP9QAlpha Prime, Dark Messiah, GTI Racing,GTR Evolution, Lost Planet: Extreme Conditions, NBA2K9,Prey, E7RACE - the WTCC, RACE 07, Ragdoll Kung Fu, Red Orchestra, SiN Episodes: Emergence, The Ship, STCC. Opposing Force CD-keys cannot be registered through Steam. Opposing Force was included in a retail Half-Life package. The Half-Life CD-key included in the package will unlock all of the games in that package, including Opposing Force. Note: Only the retail third-party games listed above can be registered through Steam. No other third-party games can be registered and downloaded using Steam.

No comments:

Post a Comment