Sunday, April 11, 2010

Steam Cloud and Matchmaking Launching with Left 4 Dead Demo.

[url=http://kotaku.com/5075150/steam-cloud-launching-with-left-4-dead-demo]Steam Cloud[/url] will save various game settings on the server, so gamers will be able to easily transfer games to new machines with all of their tweaks and configurations intact. You'll be able to log into another system, log in Steam, and your game settings will automatically download to the new system. The first release of Steam Cloud will support the saving of keyboard and mouse configurations as well as multiplayer settings. Valve is making Steam Cloud freely available to developers and publishers, and will also be adding support for the services to their back catalog. Hit the jump for more details.[url=https://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=7659-EUPL-8723%26l=english]In Other News...[/url]Dedicated Server files for the demo will be released prior to the November 6th Early Demo Release, and Left 4 Dead uses a new matchmaking system Valve is developing. I can't be sure, but I;d assume the new matchmaking system will be in the demo. Steam Cloud and Matchmaking Launching with Left 4 Dead Demo.
''matchmaking system'' Nooooooo :( I hope it's not like Xbox Live.Steam Cloud and Matchmaking Launching with Left 4 Dead Demo.
MMMMMM, Left 4 Dead, aughghghgh
[QUOTE=''gameofthering'']''matchmaking system'' Nooooooo :( I hope it's not like Xbox Live.[/QUOTE]Don't Worry: I don't think you have to use it. If you do, even I will admit thats not a good idea, but I'll wait and see how it works. However Steam Cloud sounds Great! This is a really, really, old screenshot of the matchmaking from the Valve Site.
It's the the only thing i don't like when I'm on Live.

Most games I can't search like i can in Css etc...

It matches me up with random people.
I'm sorry, but whats a matchmaking system? :)
Steam cloud looks like it takes some ideas from windows azure
[QUOTE=''gameofthering'']''matchmaking system'' Nooooooo :( I hope it's not like Xbox Live.[/QUOTE] Seems like a good idea if you arent playing with friends online, that way you wont be paired up with griefers that ruin your fun but people with a similar skill set.
I like the universal control setup, but hopefully it doesn't save other settings. I'd hate to load Crysis Warhead on my laptop and have it explode.
Cant wait for the demo
Sounds good, L4D needs something like matchmaking so that we don't have to buy 8 man servers for the game. At least I think it fits better.

No comments:

Post a Comment