Thursday, April 15, 2010

Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Unofficial Patches

Hi all. I've just re-bought V:TMB off Steam after initially playing it when it first came out. During that period, a huge number of unofficial fan-made patches have been released to address many of the game's bugs. I just wanted to know if I need to install all of them, or just the latest fan-made patch to best experience this great game. In other words, are all the patches cumulative, or do they only address certain bugs in each successive iteration? Thanks.Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Unofficial Patches
I went from v1.0 to v1.2 to v5.5.I think you need v1.2 to jump to v5.5. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines Unofficial Patches
The Steam version is already 1.2, though.
So, considering that the Steam version is already patched to 1.2, all I need to do is download the 5.5 patch (as it's cumulative) and then all the other patches up to 5.7 (the latest one), and I should be good to go? I'm going by what's on this download page, by the way.
[QUOTE=''nero5'']So, considering that the Steam version is already patched to 1.2, all I need to do is download the 5.5 patch (as it's cumulative) and then all the other patches up to 5.7 (the latest one), and I should be good to go? I'm going by what's on this download page, by the way.[/QUOTE] No. The 5.7 patch says its cummulative so you should be able to just install that.
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
Oh, I missed that; thank you for pointing it out. And thank you everyone else for your quick replies!
Is it possible to play this game in 1680*1050? I tried and best resolution i was able to get was 1024 x 768. I am playing on Vista btw.
Nice, I didn't know they had a newer one then 5.5.
Awesome game. I played it a year ago off Steam. I'd like to play it again with all of the patches and as a different character.
[QUOTE=''maingon2004'']Is it possible to play this game in 1680*1050? I tried and best resolution i was able to get was 1024 x 768. I am playing on Vista btw. [/QUOTE]the last time I replayed the game was in 1680*1050 (thanx to directions found here http://www.widescreengamingforum.com/wiki/index.php/Master_Games_List_-_V ) with the latest official patch and unofficial patch 4.4 a or b, be sure to install 1.2 first (don't know if steam autopatches the game as I did buy it on the release date) or here: resolution patcher: http://www.fileplanet.com/156598/150000/fileinfo/Vampire-The-Masquerade:-Bloodlines---Resolution-Patcher

No comments:

Post a Comment