Sunday, April 11, 2010

doom 3 wont work in vista!

doom 3 demo (steam) wont work, everytime i launch it windows tells me its stopped working and searches for a soloution, i have latest updates and drivers and i don't have any virus are fragmented hard drive. i have vista 32 bit premium and a 8800gtdoom 3 wont work in vista!
Try to launch it without using Steam (there should be an exe in the /steam/steamapps/common/doom3 folder somewhere). If that doesn't do something different, I don't know what to tell you.doom 3 wont work in vista!
didn't work and tryed running it in compatability with xp but still didn't work
I don't think the doom 3 demo works with vista, it's an early unpatched version, the full game should.
the demo works fine in vista for me.:? hope you get your problem fixed though.
The non-steam demo runs fine.
Demo and full version run fine on Vista. It must be Steam.
i know this is a really old topic bump but i searched it on google and this came up and im having the same problem. first i tried the steam one and later to just direct download it off a site i googled and after installing i had the same problem. same vista 32bit and same gpu as TC...no fix?
I have the Steam version of Doom 3 here, it works perfectly fine in Vista. Can't comment on the demo, never tried it,
Well if you're having problems with it on Steam, go to the Steam customer service forums and see if anybody there can help you.
Your best bet would be making a shortcut to the .exe and putting it in administrator mode AND compat mode and seeing if that does it. It should work fine as i have doom3 as well.
[QUOTE=''ColdfireTrilogy'']Your best bet would be making a shortcut to the .exe and putting it in administrator mode AND compat mode and seeing if that does it. It should work fine as i have doom3 as well.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I've found that most, if not all, of my problems related to a game not launching are simply fixed by running the game in admin mode on Vista.
[QUOTE=''zomglolcats''][QUOTE=''ColdfireTrilogy'']Your best bet would be making a shortcut to the .exe and putting it in administrator mode AND compat mode and seeing if that does it. It should work fine as i have doom3 as well.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I've found that most, if not all, of my problems related to a game not launching are simply fixed by running the game in admin mode on Vista. [/QUOTE]



I have over 100 games installed on here and not 1 of them requires me to run it in admin mode.
[QUOTE=''CellAnimation''][QUOTE=''zomglolcats''][QUOTE=''ColdfireTrilogy'']Your best bet would be making a shortcut to the .exe and putting it in administrator mode AND compat mode and seeing if that does it. It should work fine as i have doom3 as well.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I've found that most, if not all, of my problems related to a game not launching are simply fixed by running the game in admin mode on Vista. [/QUOTE] I have over 100 games installed on here and not 1 of them requires me to run it in admin mode.[/QUOTE] Well good for you. I have encountered this with a few games. With Warcraft III, couldn't get the battle.net autopatcher to patch the game without running admin mode. That's just one example.
[QUOTE=''zomglolcats''][QUOTE=''CellAnimation''][QUOTE=''zomglolcats''][QUOTE=''ColdfireTrilogy'']Your best bet would be making a shortcut to the .exe and putting it in administrator mode AND compat mode and seeing if that does it. It should work fine as i have doom3 as well.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I've found that most, if not all, of my problems related to a game not launching are simply fixed by running the game in admin mode on Vista. [/QUOTE] I have over 100 games installed on here and not 1 of them requires me to run it in admin mode.[/QUOTE] Well good for you. I have encountered this with a few games. With Warcraft III, couldn't get the battle.net autopatcher to patch the game without running admin mode. That's just one example. [/QUOTE]



Actually I stand corrected I forgot about Diablo II. I need to run that in admin mode if I want to play on Battle.net.



This thread though is about Doom 3 and that works perfectly well in Vista as is.

No comments:

Post a Comment